Thursday 24 March 2022

Carvalho

        Image Source

Book: Carvalho

Author: K.P. Poornachandra Tejaswi

Genre: Adventure/Humour

Language: Kannada

I couldn't stop gushing about this gem whoever care to listen. It has bee a long time since I picked a book of my mother tongue only to realize what I had been missing

Set in the quaint village of Moodigere Taluk of Chikmagaluru, Karnataka, Tejaswi meets Mandanna for the first time in local beekeeper's society to buy honey for his father. He was surprised to hear praise about Mandanna from Carvalho, a renowned botanist, entomologist and scientist. According to Tejaswi Mandanna is impulsive and irresponsible vagrant whose only goal in life is to marry Rami (Narway Ramanna's daughter). Once married he is arrested by police for making illegal liquor. To get him bail all the big shots of the village had to go to court. Why Mandanna is important? Why Carvalho thinks him to be born naturalist?

The narration and story had me in splits. In no time it reached my top reads. Tejaswi is an enigma. If you know to read Kannada make time for itt. There is translated version available too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment