Sunday 27 December 2020

Reading Rehash 2020-Part 2


In year 2020 I've read many new authors, most of them were impressive. A few award-winning books I've picked were interesting. I must admit I have a mental block when it comes to horror and sci-fi genre, and year 2020 failed to break the jinx. I'm jotting down a list for no particular reasons.

The first book I read this year
The Collector-Nora Roberts

A Book everybody liked but I didn't
The Night Circus-Erin Morgenstern

The best book that I read in 2020
Where the Crawdads Sing-Delia Owens

Not-So-Good book that I read in 2020
In Five Years-Rebecca Serle

An Award-winning book that I thought I'l never enjoy
The Dutch House-Ann Patchett

A book that I read after watching the television drama of the book adaptation
None

A book that was intriguing enough to put the screen adaptation in the "to be watched" list
Daisy Jones and the Six-Taylor Jenkins Reid

A book that disturbed me in days to come
Beartown-Fredrik Backman

A book that I couldn't decide whether I liked or not
The Thirteenth Tale-Diane Setterfield

A book that I abandoned in the middle
Untamed-Glennon Doyle

A book that I wish I had read in 2020
Becoming-Michelle Obama

A Kannada book that I read in 2020
Jugari Cross-Poorna Chandra Tejaswi

A series I immensely loved 2020
Millenium-Steig Larsson

An author that I've read most in 2018  
Ruth Ware 

A book that I was embarrassed to read
Sex and Vanity-Kevin Kwan

A best author you discovered this year
Elif Shafak
 
The last book I read in 2020
The Midnight Library

A DNF book you finished in 2020
Book Thief-Markus Zusak 

Top 10 new authors I discovered in 2020
Taylor Jenkins Reid, Riley Sager, Matt Haig, Kate Quinn, Delia Owens, Ann Pachett, Keigo Higashino, Jane Harper, Elif Shafak, Steig Larsson 

No comments:

Post a Comment